Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A good afternoon...and dreams of a better tomorrow...quite literally.

I sit eating Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits with Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese and drinking a ice cold Dr. Pepper (from a can of course) in my immaculate room and I realize afternoons like this come few and far between.  Usually I am doing what I hate, which as we all know now is studying.  I have few assignments due this week, and only one more test of subject matter that won't make a whims difference in my life! YES!
 It is just such a freeing feeling with a break peeking one eye over the horizon.  Although the plans my friends and I have for spring break aren't set in stone yet as to where we are going to actually stay, we are positively going down to southern Florida in less than one week!  How glorious it will be...basking in the sunlight, drinking frilly drinks, flirting with the waiters...much different from last year's escapades.  We foolishly thought that Myrtle Beach, South Carolina would bring us the same heat and enjoyable beach time as Florida.  We were UTTERLY mistaken.  Although our hotel, or condo I should say, was beautiful and had an amazing view, there were gusts of wind that rivaled F2 tornados.  And although we ran and hid, the rain bullets sought us out and shot at us from every imaginable angle like an AK47...all while we ran in our high heels and short little dresses from building to building seeking out shelter!  
This year, we vowed it would be different.  Personally, I made a pact with myself that I would be leaving for Florida whether anyone else was or not.  Winter was the most depressing time for me last year and I knew that if I don't get sunlight and warmth this year that I would gaily skip up to death's door and pound  with all my might for the reaper to let me in.
So to sum up, I am having a good afternoon.  Eating a wonderful little snack and dreaming of the sunburn and tan lines that will be inevitable in a few days is making me have the same type of giddy feeling I felt when I met Jars of Clay at Spirit West Coast '08...and believe me that kind of excitement is hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment